Friday, November 27, 2009

Cashew Coconut Granola



This granola is so good! I'm usually not a huge fan of Granola BUT, I could eat this for breakfast every day! I made this last week after my husband ask me to make something healthy he could take to work to snack on.
Well, I made it on Thursday and Unfortunately a DOUBLE batch was gone by Saturday.
I did take some to my moms and neighbors and he took some to work but, I have no idea how it was gone that fast! I don't think i'll ever be able to eat any other type of granola ever again! Give it a try! I think you'll be surprised!

*Makes about 7 cups of granola

3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar. In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine maple syrup, oil and salt. Combine both mixtures by slowly pouring the liquid over the oatmeal mixture and stirring well. Divide in half and pour onto two 11X17-inch rimmed baking sheets, spreading out into an even layer on each sheet. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and transfer into a large bowl, slightly breaking up the clumps. Add the raisins and gently mix until even distributed.

Notes**
Nuts like Cashews and Almonds can tend to get pricey. The best deal i've found on these are at Winco where they sell them in Bulk by the pound. It may be a little out of the way but I think you'll save yourself alot of money by giving Winco a chance!

1 comment:

  1. I'm making this tomorrow. It looks delicious! You have so many great recipes already.

    ReplyDelete