Friday, December 25, 2009

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I will NEVER I repeat NEVER ever buy Ranch dressing from the grocery store ever again. I've always really liked Ranch but always hated the store bought bottled kind. I found this recipe and I could eat it by the spoonfuls its that good.
Its a shame I am going to start eating alot healthier in the new year because this stuff is really good.

2 c. mayo
2 c. buttermilk
1/2 Tbsp. pepper (or to taste) We really like to use fresh ground pepper, I find it adds better flavor
1 Tbsp. parsley
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. "Accent" OR "Spike" seasoning (Spike has no added MSG, the only place i've found it around here is Winco)
1 Tbps. salt
2-3 Tbsp. of sour cream if you'd like it thicker.

Mix all ingredients together well and chill for at least 2 hours.

** My notes
This makes alot unless you are having a party you might just want to half the recipe. Although buttermilk by itself freezes well, freezing the ranch after its made turns out grainy after its thawed so I do not recommend freezing the ranch.
I don't mind the ranch being runny but, some people do. I normally add sour cream to it to thicken it up and it never seems to alter the taste at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment