Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cream Cheese Chicken Soup


I know, its the greatest picture EVER lol but you get the idea.
On a day like today where the high didn't get past the mid 20's I really felt like eating soup! I've been wanting to try this recipe but Richard kept turning down the idea saying it didn't sound good. Tonight, I made it anyway! I love homemade chicken soup and I love anything with cream cheese so this was the perfect recipe for me!
We all really like it and So did Phoenix although it ended up everyone including my hair he seemed to really enjoy it!

Cream Cheese Chicken Soup

1 pound chicken breasts (I use 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts), cooked and diced or shredded
1 onion, finely diced
1-2 Tablespoons butter
2 handfuls of baby carrots (or 4-5 reg carrots, sliced small)
4-5 potatoes, finely diced (if you don't like alot of potatoes in your soup i'd use maybe 2 because with 4-5 it ends up being more like a chicken cream cheese potato soup)
1 cup milk
4 Tablespoons flour
1 8oz cream cheese (you can also use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese to make it healthier!), softened at room temperature

Saute onion in butter. Put onion in pot and add 3 cups of chicken broth (homemade, from the can or use water seasoned yourself with bouillon or soup base) carrots, and potatoes. Add more broth to cover vegetables, if needed. Bring to a boil, then simmer until veggies are tender (about ten minutes). When veggies are tender, mix the flour with the milk and add to the soup. Add cream cheese to soup little pieces at a time and stir until it is all melted. Add cooked chicken and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. You may need more salt depending on what kind of chicken broth you used.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad I have so many friends who love to cook and are willing to share thier recipies wiht me. I'm excited to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! That looks sooo good! ;) Love your new blog! ;)

    XOXO,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tired your Zesty crock pot chicken, but I felt that it was kind of bland and that it needed something else. I just can't pinpoint what else. any suggestions cuz it was really easy? and I made the gronola and that was way yummy and I plan on doing the banana bread even though I love my recipe for banana bread but I like sour cream in sugar cookies so I want to try it in that and see how it is.

    ReplyDelete